International Credit Brokers Alliance (ICBA) is the world’s largest team of independently-owned, global specialist trade credit insurance brokerages. Established in 1999, ICBA currently has 50 offices in 30 countries on five continents. ICBA partners combine local service and expertise with global coordination to provide trade, credit and political risk insurance solutions for multinational companies.
Serving over 8,000 clients, including 300 multinationals, ICBA brokers are a global network of entrepreneurs. With the support of the ICBA team, ICBA partners act effectively and collaboratively to provide trade credit and political risk insurance solutions to companies conducting business in the international marketplace.
ICBA Organizational Structure
The International Credit Brokers Alliance (ICBA), registered in France, was founded in Paris in 1999. As of 2011, the partnership has grown to include companies with fifty offices in thirty countries over five continents.
Partner companies are brokerages specializing in credit insurance, all of whom hold a leading position in their respective markets. The ICBA companies enjoy the reputation of knowing credit insurance products thoroughly. Most supply factoring and political-risk insurance solutions as well; many also provide services such as trade debt collections or rating information.
Partners are independent brokerages, and the principals work actively in the credit insurance industry. Partner companies are fluent in English; the language within the organization is English.
The aim of ICBA is to offer "glocal" solutions, i.e., advice and guidance that is globally-integrated but locally delivered and supported. Through ICBA, companies that transact business around the world are able to take advantage of the best suited, best-priced, and local credit insurance and trade finance solutions without losing the benefits of central reporting, coordinated administration, aggregate pricing as might be desired by management.
Key benefits of the "glocal" approach for your worldwide credit risk mitigation, sales, and trade finance structures:
- Global coordination: receivables insurance placed worldwide in a way that makes sense for our client's various markets, terms, products, sales strategies and trade-finance requirements.
- Local service and personal guidance: credit insurance expertise delivered in the language, culture and domicile of our clients.
- Central Reporting and Control: the team and architecture of ICBA made available to company management in order to bring a worldwide perspective to every receivables insurance situation -- whether one insurer, three or seven are needed -- with the benefits of competition, creativity, connectivity and timely feedback brought to clients' far-flung risk-protection programs, both cross-border and domestic.
- Cost Savings: renegotiation and coordination of any existing contracts, in order to generate significant cost savings.
ICBA facts and values:
- Specialised trade credit and political risk insurance solutions
- Glocal approach: Local service and expertise with the support of a global team
- More than 175 billion Euros annually in global trade sales
- 50 offices across 30 countries on 5 continents
- Over 8,000 clients worldwide, including 300 multinationals, served by over 10,000 policies
- Employs more than 350 insurance specialists globally